The District Executive Committee
The District Executive Committee exists to support the District Commissioner in meeting his/her responsibilities and to provide support for Scout Groups and Explorer Scout Units in the District.
In particular the Executive Committee is responsible for:-
- promoting the development of Scouting in the District and arranging for harmonious co-operation with other organisations;
- acting in all matters relating to District finance and property, including Explorer Scout Units;
- appointing a District Appointments Advisory Committee and a Chairman of such a sub-Committee;
- appointing other sub-Committees and their chairmen as the Committee may require;
- supervising the administration of Groups, particularly in relation to finance and the trusteeship of property;
- attending to District administration, particularly: matters relating to Leader Warrants; the appointment of Helpers and Skills Instructors,
- Administrators and Advisers; registrations, membership of the Movement, appointing a Badge Secretary for the District;
- the presentation of an Annual Report and annual statement of accounts to the Annual General Meeting of the District Scout Council.
The following dates have been confirmed for Executive Committee Meetings. Venue is the District Scout Headquarters, Woking at 7.30pm unless advised otherwise by the District Secretary.
Woking District Scout Council
Annual General Meeting
2013 AGM: 12th June 2013
District Executive Meetings
5th February 2013
21st May 2013